Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Good Day with Mixed Results

Results: 1.5 hour played; down $17

I multi-tabled a couple $.50/$1 games yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't ever get into a groove. I got drawn out on a couple big hands, then didn't hit my draws on other hands when I needed them. Hopefully I'm a little closer to the bonus; I'm going to try again this afternoon.

Last night I went to my friend's home game and had another good evening. I won the first tournament ($70 profit), came in second on the second tournament ($30 profit), and came in second on a four-person heads up tournament (-$10). While waiting for round two of the heads up tournament, I beat my first opponent again in another heads- up match (+ $10). In all, it was another $100 evening. I wouldn't be too surprised if I'm not invited back for the next game.



Before the game, I went by the book store and picked up Caro's Book of Poker Tells. Since I haven't played live games in a while, I wanted to try to pay more attention to the other players at the table. I didn't have much time to read it, but the few pages I read before playing helped me pick up on a couple tells during the course of the evening. One led to a nice pot, so Im sure the book will be worth the read.

1 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Hey Kent. Caro was at the tourney I played in St. Louis. Really nice guy and very funny. Let me know how the book is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home