Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gotta Play to Clear It

Results: 2.5 hours played; up $8

I double-tabled two tournaments tonight for the first time. In the first, a $3 tournament, I was sucked out in 5th place. In the other one, also $3, I went all in with 2 pair (A's and 7's) and was beat by A's and 9's; I left in 4th place just out of the money.

After a little break for dinner, I started up two more tables (a $3 and $5) and these went a little better. By the time there were five or so players left, I was chip leader on both tables. When it got down to three of us on each table, things got a little hairy. I'm used to multi-tabling full ring games, but it's really fast when you're short-handed. Luckily I had a good run of cards on both tables.

Once there were only two left on each table, my play suffered from the speed of the games. On both tables I lost the chip lead (at almost the same time) and eventually lost the tournaments. I guess I can't complain with 2 second-place finishes, but my goal was to win. At least I'm up for the evening.

I play my home game this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to unleashing my new-found tournament skills on them. We'll see how that goes.

As for the bonus, I'm never going to clear it if I don't play the limit games, but as long as I'm winning at the tournaments, the bonuses are less important.

1 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 7:50 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Nice little you have going here Kent. 3 winning days in a row. Keep it up man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home