Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Couple Break-even Sessions

Results: 3.5 hours played; even

I'm a little behind posting since the weekend. On Saturday we went shopping for a prom dress for my daughter, so I didn't get much time to play. Instead, I read Lee Jones' book while I waited in the car. Hopefully, it'll help polish the game.

I played for 2 1/2 hours on Saturday night and was down $8. The good news is that I got a lot of hands in, but the bankroll was swinging a bit. The tables were tighter on Saturday that they had been, so I turned up the aggression when I had a hand. That alone probably accounted for the swings.

I played for another hour tonight for an $8 gain. For most of the session I was down around $10, but I won a nice pot near the end of the session to go ahead. I flopped two low pair from the big blind and made my boat on the turn. I played the hand very aggressively, and was called down by someone who flopped a pair of queens.

Tonight's play was a little different than the previous sessions. Early on I noticed that very few hands were making it to showdown. From that point on, when I had a made hand, I would bet through all streets. When scary cards hit the board, I kept betting unless someone bet into me or raised my bet. I had a really nice run of seven hands in a row where I bet every street and the other player folded at the river. I think this run is what helped make the late hand so big.

I also started reading Harrington's books last night. They bring a whole new insight into tournament play. I can't wait to be able to play at the home game again.

2 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 9:38 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Hey, thanks for the tip on places to eat in St. Louis.

Keep grinding.

 
At 3/15/2006 6:11 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

Harrington will change your game for the better. You'll forget how you ever got by without him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home