Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Played Higher Limits Tonight

Results: 1 hour played; down $8

I got impatient waiting for the lower limit tables tonight, so I played at a $1/$2 table. The play was about the same as at the lower limits (maybe a little tighter), so I was a little more aggressive when I had a hand. Unfortunately, I had pocket aces busted by 9T (he hit 2 pair), and on two other hands I folded to a raise post-flop to see a flush or straight fall on the turn.

I'd guess that the my entire $8 loss could be attributed directly to the blinds. I never had a playable hand on the BB, and every time, someone raised into me. When I had a playable hand on the SB and called, the flops were worthless to me. I'll double-check Poker Tracker, but I think I lost every blind during the session.

Earlier in the evening, I played a $2.50 buy-in 30 player tournament. I tried to bide my time and double-up on premium hands (my normal early strategy), but they never came. Once we were down to about 15 players, I hadn't won a pot and was the short stack of the tourney. At that point, I loosened up a bit (hoping to double up), but got busted out in 11th place. If it hadn't happened then, the blinds would have killed me on the next round, so the timing seemed right.

Tomorrow night I'm going back to the home game where I won last time. They're calling me "The Machine" so I'd better not let them down. Maybe I'll win enough there to ease the pain of the Bet365 bleeding. I'm seriously thinking about ending that joyride, but we'll see what happens over the next two days.

1 Comments:

At 3/03/2006 7:55 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

You're a brave man! $1/$2 has killed me on numerous occasions.

I've had three different results at those levels.

1. I get no cards and get blinded down.

2. I get good cards but get sucked out on.

3. I get good cards and win.

#1 and #3 are not too bad. Either you'll win a lot or lose a little.

What'll kill you is when you get #2 over and over and over. In a five hour period, I had my AA busted twice, KK twice and QQ twice. Net result: -$80.

My advice is to win at least 300 BB at 0.50/1 before trying the 1/2. Get used to having some big losses at the smaller tables before moving up to the 1/2 tables and really getting kicked in the junk.

But hey, good job on only being down 4BB. Limit poker is not an easy game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home