Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Few Sit-n-Go's

Results: 2.5 hour played; up $4.75

Even though I should be working on clearing the bonus, I've been playing more sit-n-go tournaments. Now that I feel like I know what I'm doing, I started enjoying them more. Last night I came in 2nd in a $.75 buy-in tournament, and this morning I came in third in a $2.50 buy-in tournament. I've signed up for the $5,000 freeroll tournament this afternoon, but with 10,000 players, it's going to be tough. If I bust out, I'm going over to the ring games to clear some hands.

I usually don't like to share my bad beat stories, but here's my last hand from the last tournament. If I had won the hand, I would have been in position to win the tournament. My stack was almost tied with the chip-leader's before the hand, and the short stach was really short.

I had 6J in the big blind, and the chip-leader called from the small blind. The flop came 668 and he bet. I put in a pot-sized raise (hoping for a fold or a bad call), and he went all in. When I called, he showed AK and needed some improvement. At this point, I was feeling pretty good, but he got runner-runner aces for a boat to put me out. You win some you lose some.

The tournament starts in forty minutes, so I'm going to get something to eat and drink before the game starts. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home