Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Computer Died

Results: 2.5 hour played; down $30

My computer died last week, so there's no poker until the new power supply comes in. I could play on my Wife's computer, but it's in high demand right now. No hurry; the games will still be there when I get back. The good news is that I've had a lot of time to read up on the game.

I did play one session last week before the computer died, and it was similar to the previous session. I posted a few hands on Two Plus Two, but although the consensus was that I wasn't aggressive enough post-flop, being more aggressive would have probably just cost me more money on those hands. I might have won more on others, but my run is probably as much bad cards as bad play.

I'm going to play a home game on Saturday, and I'm sure that it will be quite fishy. Maybe I'll make up for some of these losses.

The power supply is supposed to be in tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be back to the routine by the weekend.

2 Comments:

At 2/01/2006 5:31 PM, Blogger Klopzi said...

Take anything you read on the 2+2 forums with a grain of salt.

Keep in mind that you do not need to be a winning player to post your opinion in any forum. And many people posting are lying to others and to themselves.

75% - 80% of all poker players lose money every month. So, for every 10 posts you read, 8 people are wrong or are full of sh*t.

If you ever want advice, you can send me a hand history or two. I could always give my opinion from a purely mathematical point of view. Any information regarding reads on the other players (VP$IP, TA, PFR, etc) would help too.

Just keep in mind that sometimes you're just gonna lose money no matter what. Luckily, the inverse holds true as well.

Here's hoping that the power supply gets there early!

 
At 2/02/2006 7:40 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Hey Kent. Just found your site through Klopzi. We are in similar situations, you just do a better job organizing yourself than I do. Look forward to following your progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home