Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Back to the Books

Results: 1.5 hour played; down $17

Again, the cards weren't falling for me. It's going to be hard to clear this bonus (and it won't mean much) if I keep going backwards. I would have improved the session a bit if I'd held my ground with some hands on the later rounds. As an example, I folded a straight-draw on a turn re-raise with a decent pot; the river would have finished the straight for me, but I was gun-shy after all of the bad hands.

Other than the few bad plays on the late rounds, I didn't make very many bad decisions. As I said, I just wasn't hitting any cards. The few times I had a high pair, I would be beaten on the flop. I watched everyone else hit their flushes, draw into sets, boats, or quads.

As I planned last night, I think I'll take tomorrow off to re-read some sections in SSH. I'm also going to work up a pre-flop cheat sheet to make sure that I'm not making any mistakes on the close hands. I'm also considering limiting myself to one table until I can be sure that I'm not making any mistakes. It's hard to judge when playing on these sites where I don't have good hand histories and can't use Poker Tracker.

On an unrelated note, I got an email from one of the local newspapers this week. They want to do an article on Geocaching and asked me for an interview. If the weather holds up this weekend, we might go out and find a cache as well. I really enjoy the sport, so I also like sharing it with others. If you haven't heard of it, be sure and check out geocaching.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home