Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Home Game Results

I haven't played any limit poker yet this weekend, but I did play at another home game. These guys aren't that serious about the game, so there are always less players in the second tournament than are in the first one. One of them really enjoys bluffing, but last night he'd river what he needed when it mattered.

I lost the first game but broke even for the night when I came in second place in the second game. It was interesting in that I was very short-stacked and in last place early in the tournament. Although I never lost the honor of short stack at the table, the big stack kept putting the others out. The few times that I felt like I had to play (or get blinded out), I'd win and double or triple up.

Near the end of the tournament, I was in the big blind and only had enough chips for both the big blind and the small blind the next hand. The player on the button thought I was going to go all-in, so she did as well. I guess she didn't want the other player in, but he had her covered and called. When I folded, he put her out, I was shocked that I made it to second place.

I'll probably play some poker online this weekend, so I'll post the results tomorrow night.

I posted a few more pictures to my photography gallery today. If you haven't had a chance to visit, here's a sample:


1 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay away from tournaments. cash is king.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home