Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Secrets to Building Your Poker Bankroll

While reading through the Beginner's Forum on the Two Plus Two forums, I came across a post that sent me in the right direction. The post explained how to build up your bankroll while getting deposit bonuses at several different poker sites. Although the main post was outdated, there were further current suggestions for sites in the comments to the post.

Since my short bankroll was one of the main reasons that I was losing at the higher limit Texas Hold 'em games (especially the no-limit games), this was exactly the help I needed. I decided to start with an account on Sporting Bet. As of this post, they offer a $100 bonus with a $100 deposit. You have to play 100 raked hands for the first $30 and another 400 raked hands for the remaining $70. According the everything I read, the players there are very loose, so this looks to be a great place to start.

Unfortunately, none of the poker software I've been using works with this site. In the long run, this will be very good for me since I will have to learn to play without it. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home