Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Poker Odds Calculator Helps

After the Hold 'em beating, I decided that I needed some help. I searched around on the Internet and found that there are programs that will watch the poker tables while you play and tell you what your correct play should be. These programs looked like they would make things much better for me.

I came across Texas Calculatem's website and was intrigued by their program. It's a live poker odds calculator that works with Party Poker, Poker Stars, and a hundred other sites. You can get it for free if you make a deposit to a poker room from their links. You can adjust it to your playing style (loose/tight), and it will recommend the correct play for each betting round. If nothing else, it's a fantastic tool to help you count your outs while you play (but I'm getting ahead of myself).

Armed with a new tool, I made another deposit of $100 at Party Poker. I decided that if I couldn't win this time, I would quit for good. During the earlier attempt at Party Poker, I did pretty well at the lower limit hold'em tables and didn't do so well at no-limit hold 'em (ring games or tournaments). This time I focused on the $.50/$1 limit ring games.

Although I don't remember the numbers, I was up a bit over these play sessions. Texas Calculatem really helped, but I found that over the course of a session at a table, the other players would outsmart me and push me off of pots. My frustration level continued to build, and between sessions, I searched the web for answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home