Current bankroll (10/14/2006):   $414

Sitting on the sidelines to see how this absurd new law pans out.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Learn to Win at Texas Hold 'em

Although I was playing pretty well, I figured that it was time to become a student of the game of Texas Hold 'em if I wanted to win regularly. At some point I found the forums at Two Plus Two Publishing.

It only took an hour of reading to realize how bad I was playing. I could win a bit against the really low levels because they were worse than I was. When I moved up to the higher levels, I was getting beaten because I was a bad player. In addition, I also realized that I needed a much larger bankroll to play in the higher stakes games. I read through all of the beginner guides linked in the Small-stakes Forum, and bought Ed Miller's and David Slansky's book, Small Stakes Hold 'em. I was on my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home